Dairy factory (1932-2005)

The parish ceased to exist on May 10, 1932 by the decision of the Executive Committee of the Leningrad Region.

Photo and text of the decision

Authorities considered «the Romanov Church to be suitable for the dairy plant “Soyuzmoloko,” which occupied the Feodorovsky Cathedral for more than seventy years. It was reconstructed to meet factory needs – its outer and inner appearances were changed virtually beyond recognition. As a result, the original two story, five domed Cathedral was turned into an nearly cube-like five story industrial building, chaotically surrounded by brick annexes, the footprint of which was almost as big as that of the Cathedral.


One can see the decapitated domes on a rare 1938 photo